Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ideas! Hit me with them!

I have realized that this site might often come off as horrible self-promotion, which is not the intention. The thing is that I often want to play with script or illustrating or layout stuff, and my default subject matter often has to do with Flock (this week) or staticalaska itself (last week). So, anyway, I was thinking that I could do design for people in exchange for actually having something printed, or because we are friends, or for any other number of reasons. This blog is mostly an outlet for experiments with visual art stuff, but I would happily dedicate myself to some sort of project somebody wants help or input or collaboration on. I will design a poster for you if you'd like!
Okay, that started as an attempt to justify so much stuff on the site that seems like self-promotion, but ended up sounding like some pursuit of work. Sorry on that.
Anyway, this week I have been playing with pen and ink, and leafy lettering. Here is my first attempt at this sort of thing. I think the coloring on the letters might develop more in the future, but I guess we'll see.
Peace!




Oh, the background is a free texture shared from Lost and Taken, a key hookup for any of you photoshoppers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, charlie that new flock image is sooo cool. honestly, sick. keep it up. when will your winning ups anti-bias/hate alliance logo appear somewhere for the viewing? cheers!

megacat said...

Okay, I lost most of the submissions that I entered in the BERT (Bias-Hate Education Response Team) logo contest (a reminder of why backing up one's computer is important), but one of them (the winning one, I think) is back in the second post of May, which you can find in the old posts section on the right of the blog.
Thanks for the positive feedback on the new image!

Anonymous said...

lololol at first glance i thought it said "fuck," and then i was like "wow, what is going on?!?!" but...it doesn't say that. good. and also it looks cool
yo sista

ps i spent alllll day at the beach and it was glorious. you can come next time!