Sunday, July 13, 2008

random banners

Hey all,
Music has been more of a focus for me lately than visual art stuff, but I played with some typography and banner layout stuff today. My learning curve I think has slowed down for the most part and now instead of it being entirely new concepts, illustrator has turned into establishing habits for efficiency. This means that it is sort of frustrating, but more and more concepts that I can think of I can actually execute now. It is kind of coming up with an on-the-fly order of operations for each step in an idea.
I'd like to work some on the site, so maybe eventually I will figure out how to design it more thoroughly. One of these banners might help serve in that capacity. Sorry about the formatting, it is getting late, and I made a couple mistakes in the order I did things, so I was already getting sort of tired.
I think I'm most excited about the one on the top right, because it is not flashy effects at all, and came more from experimenting than the others did.
stay positive,
Charlie

No comments: